Qatar crisis - page 5

tag Qatar crisis

Iran ready to help resolve crisis among regional Arab states: Zarif

EghtesadOnline: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has expressed concern over the deteriorating crisis involving Qatar and some other Arab countries in the Persian Gulf, saying Tehran is ready to help resolve the crisis.
|
Publish Date:19/June/2017 | 10:44

Rouhani sends message to Qatari Emir

EghtesadOnline: The Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani has received a message from President of the Islamic Republic Hassan Rouhani, the Arab country’s foreign ministry announced.
|
Publish Date:18/June/2017 | 24:04

Qatar says fighter jets deal shows deep U.S. support

EghtesadOnline: A $12 billion deal to buy U.S. F-15 fighter jets shows Qatar has deep-rooted support from Washington, a Qatari official said on Thursday, despite President Donald Trump's repeated accusations that Doha supports terrorism.
|
Publish Date:15/June/2017 | 22:25

Emirati Ambassador: U.S. Should Rethink Its Air Base in Qatar

EghtesadOnline: The United States should consider moving its air base out of Qatar, the Emirati ambassador to the U.S. said Tuesday, encouraging the Trump administration to use its leverage to further pressure Qatar over alleged support for extremism.
|
Publish Date:14/June/2017 | 06:14

U.A.E. Envoy Attacks Qatar Over Extremism as Persian Gulf Feud Escalates

EghtesadOnline: Qatar can’t be allowed to own landmarks and businesses in the U.S. and Europe while using the proceeds to finance extremist groups, the U.A.E.’s ambassador to Washington said, as a media war between a Saudi-led alliance and their Persian Gulf neighbor intensifies.
|
Publish Date:13/June/2017 | 24:10

Qatar Shrugs Off Pressure With No End in Sight to Persian Gulf Crisis

EghtesadOnline: Qatari officials struck a defiant tone on Monday, as the crisis in the Persian Gulf entered a second week with no sign of a diplomatic resolution between the tiny Arab state and the Saudi-led bloc that severed ties with it.
|
Publish Date:13/June/2017 | 04:36

Qatar Sees No Basis Yet for Diplomatic Solution to Crisis

EghtesadOnline: Qatar is still waiting for specific demands from the Saudi-led bloc that has severed ties with the tiny Gulf state, and therefore sees no basis yet for a diplomatic solution, Foreign Minister Mohammed Al Thani said.
|
Publish Date:12/June/2017 | 24:36

Iran sending planeloads of food to Qatar daily

EghtesadOnline: Further indications have emerged that a blockade declared by several Persian Gulf states against Qatar has already opened a food corridor between Tehran and Doha since last week. Iranian officials say the country is already sending at least 100 tonnes of food supplies to Qatar by plane every day.
|
Publish Date:12/June/2017 | 10:55

Middle East needs no more turmoil: Iran’s Zarif

EghtesadOnline: Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, who is in Norway to attend the Oslo Forum, says the Middle East region is already fraught with tensions and needs no more turmoil, as a diplomatic crisis between several Arab countries in the region heats up.
|
Publish Date:12/June/2017 | 10:53

Qatar crisis upshot of Riyadh summit: Iran

EghtesadOnline: Iran says the crisis involving Qatar and several other Arab countries is a consequence of a Saudi Arabian-organized summit in Riyadh last month.
|
Publish Date:12/June/2017 | 10:47

Persian Gulf leaders trade barbs as Qatar dispute shows no let-up

EghtesadOnline: Persian Gulf states traded public barbs on Saturday, showing little sign of resolving the region's deepest rift in years, five days after Arab nations severed diplomatic, trade and transport ties with the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom of Qatar.
|
Publish Date:11/June/2017 | 04:33

Saudi and Bahrain welcome Trump's scolding of Qatar

EghtesadOnline: Saudi Arabia and Bahrain welcomed on Saturday U.S. President Donald Trump's demand for Qatar to stop supporting terrorism, but did not respond to a U.S. Department of State call for them to ease pressure on the Persian Gulf state.
|
Publish Date:10/June/2017 | 13:03

Saudi Blockade Leaves Qatar's $200 Billion in World Cup Projects in Limbo

EghtesadOnline: Qatar is spending $500 million a week to bring the world’s biggest sporting event to the Arab world for the first time. Its neighbors, the intended spectators, are blocking supplies from cement to door handles that the country needs to pull off the feat.
|
Publish Date:10/June/2017 | 07:48