Iran not heeding to US officials’ interventionist remarks: Spokesman
EghtesadOnline: Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi slammed the interventionist remarks by the US officials about Iran and said Iranian people and government would never heed to any such remarks.
He said any attempts to connect Iran’s domestic affairs including the legal verdicts issued by Iran’s independent judiciary system against criminals and spies with its presence in the international markets and its investments opportunities are futile and non-fruitful.
According to IRNA, he said such attempts are made with the objective of influencing the process of Iran’s cooperation with the world.
The spokesman described such unwise threats as manifestation of the interventionist nature of the United States.
He stressed that irrational implied threats are non-constructive with no effects and will only add another brick to the high wall of the Iranian nation’s distrust towards the US.
Qasemi noted that as always before such interventionist remarks will fail to damage solidarity and unity among the Iranian people.
Iranian judiciary announced on Tuesday that a number of people accused of cooperating with the US namely Baqer Namazi, Siamak Namazi, Farhad Abd Saleh, Kamran Qaderi, Nezar Zaka and Alireza Omidvar have been given verdicts of ten years in prison on espionage charges.
Following the announcement, the U.S. State Department's deputy spokesman, Mark Toner, said the father and son had been 'unjustly detained' in Iran, and called for their immediate release, the Reuters said.
Baqer Namazi and Siamak Namazi hold dual US-Iran citizenships.