0 Persons

Iran’s Fresh Date Exports Up 7% in Volume

Apr 8, 2024, 4:39 PM
News ID: 835930
Iran’s Fresh Date Exports Up 7% in Volume

Iran exported 390,000 tons of fresh dates, valued at $345 million, in the previous Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2023 to March 19, 2024), registering a seven and a ten percent growth in volume and value respectively compared to a year earlier.

EghtesadOnline: About 1.3 million tons of dates are produced in the country annually, 70 percent of which is used in the country for domestic consumption while the other 30 percent is exported overseas, the head of the Iranian National Dates Association said.

The director general of Iran’s Ministry of Agriculture for tropical- and semi-tropical fruits highlighted the growth in the export of tropical fruits in the country last year.

He put the volume of dates exported from the country in the previous year at 390,000 tons, valued at $345 million, Mehr news agency reported.

Iran’s date production volume rose from 1,596,790 tons to 1,658,560 tons in the previous Iranian calendar year, showing a four percent decline compared to a year before, Zahra Jalili Moghadam noted.

Earlier, the chairman of the Iranian National Date Association said Iran is the third-largest producer of fresh dates in the world.

Mohsen Rashid Farrokhi pointed out that Iran exported $270 million of fresh dates to foreign countries in the first 10 months of the Iranian calendar year 1402 (March 21, 2023- January 20, 2024). / Tasnim


Your Comment

You are replying to: .