Yemen crisis - page 2

tag Yemen crisis
Yemen's north-south links continue to fray after 18 months of war, and neither side looks capable of battlefield victory.

Saudi Conflict With Iran Takes Its Biggest Toll in Yemen

EghtesadOnline: It used to take two and half hours to make the simple trip from the Yemeni city of Taiz to Aden on the southern coast. Lately, it could take an entire day using jeeps and donkeys across a mountain pass and checkpoints, showing how another Arab country is at risk of being irreversibly carved up by conflict.
|
Publish Date:26/October/2016 | 17:29

Iran calls for all sides' respecting ceasefire in Yemen

EghtesadOnline: Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi welcomed the declaration of ceasefire in Yemen, and underlined the need for efforts by all sides to extend ceasefire and end the futile war.
|
Publish Date:19/October/2016 | 11:58

Two Americans held in Yemen released and flown to Oman

EghtesadOnline: Two American prisoners held captive by Yemen Houthi rebels have been released and taken to neighboring Oman after Omani officials mediated their release, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Saturday.
|
Publish Date:16/October/2016 | 08:00

U.S. official calls attack on Yemen funeral gathering 'egregious'

EghtesadOnline: A weekend attack on a funeral gathering in Yemen widely blamed on Saudi-led warplanes was "egregious," a senior U.S. official said on Friday in one of Washington's strongest condemnations of the incident.
|
Publish Date:15/October/2016 | 05:31

Iran condemns Saudi Arabia's latest airstrikes on Sanaa

EghtesadOnline: Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qasemi on Saturday strongly condemned Saudi jet fighters' invasion on a mourning ceremony in Sanaa, which killed or injured tens of innocent and defenseless civilians.
|
Publish Date:11/October/2016 | 08:56

FM writes to UN chief on Saudi crimes in Yemen

EghtesadOnline: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki- moon expressed shock and indignation of Iranian people and government over Saudis' recent airstrike in Yemen.
|
Publish Date:11/October/2016 | 08:20

As Saudis bombed Yemen, U.S. worried about legal blowback

EghtesadOnline: The Obama administration went ahead with a $1.3 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia last year despite warnings from some officials that the United States could be implicated in war crimes for supporting a Saudi-led air campaign in Yemen that has killed thousands of civilians, according to government documents and the accounts of current and former officials.
|
Publish Date:10/October/2016 | 16:38

Rouhani: Diplomacy Key to Resolving Regional Challenges

EghtesadOnline: President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday the settlement of the Yemen crisis would help ease tensions in the region, clearing the way for addressing other regional challenges through diplomacy.
|
Publish Date:15/October/2019 | 11:48